Read Genesis 15:1-6
In this story, God makes a promise to Abraham that his descendants would be as numerous as the stars. It sounded strange, because Abraham was too old to have children. Yet, Abraham believed God. God is faithful, which means God always keeps promises! Eventually, Abraham and his wife Sarah had a son and many, many, many descendants.
- Have you ever made a promise? Did you keep it?
- What are some promises God makes to us?
- You can view worship online here. The children's message is around 16:15.
Craft: As numerous as the stars!
Consider the people in your life who are a blessing to you-- your family, friends, teachers, coaches, etc. Who are you grateful for?
God gives us this community of people to help and guide us in life and faith. They bless us with their love, so we can bless others. As we create and look at this star mobile, we can remember the story of Abraham, God's promises in our lives, and the many people we love. God's blessings are as numerous as the stars!
- Write the names of people who bless you on the stars. Cut them out.
- Punch a hole in the stars and attach a string.
- Tie your stars to the hanger.
- Place the star mobile in a place you can see frequently. Every time you see it, thank God for the people in your community!