Let's talk...about love!
Love is ________________________
Today's reading comes from a letter Paul wrote to the people of Corinth. Paul gives them a definition of love, reminds people how much God loves them, and asks them to share that love with others in their community.
Before we get started, think about where you're at regarding love:
On a scale of 1-10, one being not loving and ten being extremely loving, how well have you loved this week?
After reading Paul's description of love, did your ranking for how well you've loved this week change? What things do you need to improve on?
Let's pray: Dear God, thank you for loving us with love that never ends. We are so grateful for________. We need your help with _________. Guide us to share your love with the world. In Jesus' name, amen.
- What does Paul say is the most important thing? Why do you think its the most important?
- What is your favorite part of the reading and why?
- Is it hard or easy to love others?
Go through your house and collect photos or objects associated with something you love. Share what you've collected with your family and talk about why you love those things.
- How do you treat the items you love?
- How do you show people you love them?
- How do you show your love for God?
Brainstorm some ways you can share God's love this week. Include anything that comes to your mind, big or small. Then, pick one of these ideas and make a plan you can put into action. Consider these things:
- What supplies do you need?
- Who do you need to ask for help?
- How long will the project take?