Today's story is from Luke 1:26-49. It tells about when an angel came to Mary and announced that she would be Jesus' mom (this event is also called the Annunciation). Wow! How would you feel if an angel showed up at your house and started talking to you?
You can read this story in your SPARK storybook Bible on pages 196-201.
Here are some questions to help you talk about the story together:
- What was Mary's response to the angel's announcement? How do you think you'd respond?
- What do you think it was like being Jesus' parents?
- Do you think Jesus cried a lot as a baby? What were you like as a baby?
Here are some activities for you to do together:
- Act out the story. We weren't able to have a Christmas program this year because of the virus, but you can still enact the Christmas story at home! Option A: grab your nativity set and use it to tell the Christmas story. Option B: create your very best costumes and act it out!
- Imagining an Angel. Throughout history, there have been many different portrayals of this story in art, movies, and Christmas pageants. In the movie The Star, the angel was just a bright light! How can we know what the angel looked like? We might have to use our imaginations. Write or draw what you imagine the angel looked like in this story.