You can read the story in Jonah 1:1-17, 3:1-10 or in the SPARK Storybook Bible on page 190. You can watch worship here and download this PDF for today's activities.
- How do you think Jonah felt when God commanded him to go to Ninevah? When he was thrown overboard and swallowed by a fish? When the fish spit him out?
- What is your favorite part of this story and why?
- Activity: Can you retell the story in your own words? Try to put the events in order on the activity sheet.
- Activity: Color the story! Either illustrate it yourself or use the picture on the activity sheet.
Activity: What would you do?
- Imagine you were in Jonah's position. Write or tell a story describing what you would do if God asked you to go somewhere you didn't want to go.
- Have you ever disobeyed God, a parent, or teacher? What happened? Write or tell the story.
Activity: Prayer Requests
- Jonah prayed to God when he was scared and so can we. What are some things you want to pray about this week?