Let's read about this early community in Acts 2:42-47, 4:32-37 or in SPARK on p. 504.
- How is the early church like our church today? How is it different?
- What do you think it was like to share everything? Have you ever had to share with a sibling or friend? Was it easy or hard?
- Why do you think the early believers were so full of joy and generosity?
- Have you ever had an argument with your family or friends? This happened in the early church too! What happened? How did you get through it?
Prayer of the Day: Dear God, help us learn from the example of the early church. Help us to share, love, serve, and be kind to everyone. But most importantly, be with us and move us to worship you. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Watch this video to hear a story about God's dream for us.
Make a craft to remind you of God's dream for the church. Think of your favorite part of today's Bible story or the God's Dream book, something you would love experience, and fill in the blank: "My dream is____________." Use that dream to make this craft! (Adapted from Martin Luther King Jr. Crafts - Dream Card (parentingchaos.com)).
- Fold a piece of paper into itself like a 3 fold hot dog. On the outside, trace the child's hands over lapping the fold with interlacing fingers. (see picture below).
- Color in the hands with desired colors. You can even trace the outline of the hand with a fun color!
- On the inside of a card, write "My dream is_________" and draw a picture like in the book. You can also print out the coloring sheet (below) and glue it inside.