We agree to live by the following principles to guide our decisions and mission:
- Pray for the congregation, key leaders, staff and for all people currently in the congregation and those who are potential new members in the Body of Christ.
- We will make decisions for our future based on our primary mission, which is to transform lives through love so all may serve Christ in the world.
- We will avoid the temptation to make decisions based on individual preference and instead make wise decisions based on mission and growth.
- We will be open to change in order to find new ways of doing ministry.
- Expect a variety of opinions and perspectives.
- We will avoid the temptation to gossip about others and always give others the benefit of the doubt.
- We will avoid language filled with blame; instead we will seek insight without judgement.
- “Somebody ought to or should” is rarely a positive contribution. If you would like something in the church changed, be the first one willing to help make it happen.
- Curtail any and all soul hurting language.
- Be timely in bringing up issues and be certain to go through proper channels. Speak with the Pastor or the Church Council President.
- Creating a new future cannot happen simply by glorifying the past. Every time period in Christian history has had challenges to face.
- Use love, respect, patience, openness, honesty and good communication when working with others in a group or committee.
Glen Cary Lutheran Church
15531 Central Avenue NE
Ham Lake, MN 55304
Monday - Thursday - 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m - 12 noon